Made this French toast for breakfast, more like dessert, and had to share. It was so good I made it twice in one week.
I've made this with and without the peanut butter and jelly. If you want it without the PB&J just leave out those ingredients and skip step three below.
In the picture above, the French toast on top is stuffed and the one on the bottom isn't, for a reference.
6 slices of thick white bread
1-2 cups Cap'n Crunch Cereal
2/3 cup milk (any type of dairy/non-dairy milk)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Skippy peanut butter per sandwich (1 tsp for each piece of bread)
1 tsp of your choice of jelly, I used strawberry jam
Coconut oil spray
1 tablespoon butter
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk 2 eggs, milk, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract until fully combined.
2. In another bowl, roughly crush the Cap'n Crunch cereal using the bottom of a cup.
3. Take two slices of bread and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then slice the sandwich in half (optional).
4. Next, take the PB&J sandwich half and dip it in the egg and milk mixture. Evenly coat both sides of the sandwich.
5. Then, place the sandwich into the crushed cereal. Gently pressing the sandwich so that all sides get coated with cereal.
6. Lightly spray a large pan with the coconut oil spray to prevent sticking and melt 1/2 of the butter in the pan.
7. Place the cereal coated PB&J into the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side. Should be golden brown on each side. Make sure the pan isn't too hot to prevent burning the cereal.
8. Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!
Tip: I like to place my French Toast in the oven at 225 degrees while the second batch is cooking to make sure it stays warm.